The staff at the Rise School of Denver currently includes four lead teachers, eight teaching assistants, a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, a music therapist, and a speech therapist. All therapies are provided on a contract basis.
OPEN POSITIONS-- Substitute and After-School Care Teaching Assistant
(See requirements below)
LEAD Teacher Requirements:
Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Special Education, or enrollment in a Master’s program, and/or prior experience at another Rise School.
TeachING Assistant Requirements:
A Teaching Assistant reports directly to the Lead Teacher and is responsible for supporting the Lead Teacher and Therapists in all areas of the classroom. The Teaching Assistant helps to create a stimulating, safe, and developmentally appropriate educational environment where preschool children have the opportunity to develop cognitive, social, emotional, language, and physical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Rise School philosophy that all children have the ability to learn when given appropriate encouragement and support.
- Embraces the idea that children come first at the Rise School by interacting and playing with children in activities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children. This includes being at the child’s eye level and engaging with them throughout all daily routines in a respectful, caring manner.
- Supports the integration of therapy into the daily routines by actively participating and implementing strategies recommended by the Lead Teacher and Therapists.
- Maintains a professional appearance including appropriate dress and grooming.
- Arrives promptly at 7:45 a.m. and clocks out by 3:15 p.m.
- Actively supports the Lead Teacher in lesson preparation and implementation including documentation for Teaching Strategies Gold. Supports the Lead Teacher in planning and preparing the classroom lessons and environment helping to ensure that planned activities are prepared before the arrival of children.
- Attends a team meeting with the Lead Teacher on a weekly basis. Uses this time to discuss children’s progress and observations, and to plan and prepare upcoming activities.
- Maintains professional, open and direct communication with the Lead Teacher. Also maintains professional and open communication with the Executive Director, therapists, and all Rise School employees.
- Creates and maintains professional relationships with parents and caregivers to assist with family involvement in the Rise School program.
- Helps to maintain a safe, appropriate environment for all children and staff. This includes assisting with following all Qualistar and Childcare Licensing guidelines for safety and cleanliness.
- Maintains current CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions, and Medication Administration certifications.
- Supports Lead Teacher in ensuring that all children’s daily care needs including diapering, feeding, medication administration, etc. are met.
- Supports school wide fundraising activities.
- Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation. Takes initiative. Stays open and enthusiastic to change.
Substitutes and After-School Teaching Assistants
After-School Child Care Group Leaders are an integral part of our preschool and child care program at The Rise School of Denver. They must provide a stimulating, safe and developmentally-appropriate after-school, child care environment for children ages 1-6 years. We maintain staff/student ratios of 1:5 or lower. The successful candidate may obtain additional hours serving as a substitute teacher during the regular preschool hours (8am-2:30pm.)
Hours: M-F – 2:15pm to 5:45pm
Requirements & Compensation:
- Group Leader qualification by May 2010 standards required (6 ECE credits from an accredited college or university plus 2 years of experience), or willingness to become Group Leader qualified
- First Aid, CPR and Universal Precautions training completed, or willing to be completed
- High School Education required
- Bachelor’s degree and experience working with individuals with developmental delays preferred
- Must be a team player
- Salary range: $11-14/hr, depending on experience
Resumes and letters of interest should be sent to:
Meghan Klassen, M.Ed., Executive Director
The Rise School of Denver
4901 E. Eastman Ave
Denver, CO 80222
Fax: (303) 300-4374
Email: [email protected]
The Rise School of Denver, in recognition of its responsibilities to its staff, volunteers, and the community it serves, reaffirms its policy to ensure fair and equal treatment in all its employment practices for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.